Friday, July 12, 2013

"Give Them (your KIDZ) Grace"

As Vivie and I were driving around in my car today, I got to listen to Revive Our Hearts with Nancy Leigh DeMoss.
She had a guest speaker on there - actually a Mother/Daughter Team of speakers (Elyse Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson) - talking about how you may raise obedient and good kids that don't truly understand the Gospel.

Naturally, this sort of thing caught my total attention, and I was hungry to hear more!!! I have a 26-month-old at home right now, and I'm not gonna pretend everything is perfectly fabulous at the moment :-) Can you say "terrible two's"? Although I hate that "name tag" with a passion, I must admit I have caught myself saying "yep, this has got to be it"! 
The ladies don't necessarily address what to do with a 2-year-old, they do however help you get the bigger picture of who you have at home - a sinner that is in desperate need of a Saviour no matter what age! And that pretty much teaching and training them to obey is to only show them how they're not able to obey in and of themselves. . . 
I tell ya, I was SO ENCOURAGED by this short message, and my prayer is that your heart will be uplifted as well!

Take heart Mommah, you are not alone, and your job as a Mother does not define who you are! :-) 
Doesn't that take A LOT of pressure off your shoulders? Listen, cry, enjoy and thank our God for His love and mercy towards us!



CLICK HERE: http://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/revive-our-hearts/play/give-them-grace/


No comments:

Post a Comment