Sunday, July 14, 2013

So what is Arminianism and Calvinism?

There is something that has been on my heart a lot lately, and I would love to share with you!

For the looongest time I had absolutely NO IDEA that Christians can be grouped into two main categories - Arminians (salvation is our choice) and Calvinists (salvation is of the Lord). Well, actually I'm sure there's other categories as well :), but these are the ones I'd like to focus on today.

I'm not going to go into details on what the differences are, I'll leave that up to Pastor John Piper to explain. So far I haven't heard a better teaching on it! I will however say, that it is VITAL for a follower of Christ to know there are these two views of salvation... and not only of salvation :) But like I said, enough of me taking up your time, just listen to the teacher! I promise you, it will be a HUGE eye-opener to you, and will make you embrace God's grace in a whole new different way! That's my prayer for you!

Click bellow to listen to the TULIP series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyGf4rLc_r4&list=PL93F178954D043A5E

p.s. I know it'll take some time to listen to, but please don't let that scare you - it's so worth it!
Maybe take it one day at a time? :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment